In this month's SMC Q&A, we are covering the following topics:
- The latest developments regarding naturalization for the Golden Visa holders in Portugal
- Portugal’s Non Habitual Residence Regime
- The Dutch-American Friendship Treaty, and how it can help US citizens gain EU residency
- Nicaragua as a potential Plan B destination
- Taxation of precious metals stored overseas for the US taxpayers
- Can you obtain Mexican Permanent Residency if you are not yet retired?
Updates Update 1: Naturalizing on Portuguese Golden Visa – What you should know We’ve read various reports of Golden Visa holders running into problems when naturalizing in Portugal. Reportedly, some Golden Visa holders were denied naturalization altogether. We find this quite surprising. The Portuguese Golden Visa program was one of the very few naturalization options…